Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Where Have You Gone, Sexy Underwear?

Evan loves you more than you will know...woah woah woah....

So anyway, I was reading this story today, and it said that in Australia, thongs and other such alluring undergarments are having their rightful place in the pantheon of sexiness usurped by, get this, a comeback of granny panties. Worn by non-grannies!

"There was a time when everything had to be a G-string but that has swung around to now when everything has to have a boy-leg," said Calvin Klein underwear sales and marketing manager Judith Anderson.

Well, needless to say, my, ahem, "boy leg" is none too excited about this development. I mean who doesn't like sexy girl underwear?

It reminds me of a time I visited my friend Janet up in NYC, and Janet complained to her older sister Laura about Laura's clothes-drying rack sitting in the bedroom window populated by big (relatively, since Laura was quite petite) underwear. "Laura, everyone walking by can see you wear granny panties, and they're not going to talk to us!" Janet complained.

And no one ever talked to them again. (OK, that's not true.)

This is also sad news, I suspect, to another NYC chum of mine, Tamer, a booty connoisseur, who had the unique talent of being able to tell exactly what type of underwear a woman was wearing simply by looking at her pants.

In the interest of full disclosure, no pun intended, I'm a boxer-briefs man. It's the best of both worlds. They provide security for your junk without being overly constrictive. Now, I realize that constrictiveness is not such an issue for the ladies as is the wedgie. But whatever undies they're wearing are going to ride up some anyway. Why not take the crack by the horns, so to speak, and just give it the thong?

There's probably something else to be said on the matter, but it will invariably involve the phrase "dumps like a truck" so I will simply leave it at that. Sorry Sisqo.

3 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that I agree whole-heartedly that the whole boy-short panty movement sucks. These so-called panties are made for women that have no butt. For those of us who are packing some junk in the trunk, well, they just don't work. Every time I've been lured in by some cutsie picture in Victoria's Secret and bought a pair, they ride up into oblivion (Ok, just my butt crack) before I even have a chance to put some pants on. That's not comfortable or attractive for anyone. I often wondered just who the hell those stupid underwear were made for until I met a buttless Korean girl that swears by them.
I will clarify that I think granny panties are different than boy-short panties. Granny panties offer full-coverage but not really with the boy-leg thing. But I don't think those are what is gaining in popularity -- even down under.
Thongs are great for groping, but I doubt they're that aethestically pleasing when all the lights are on. I think the way to go is with string bikini panties. A nice compromise between granny panties and butt floss.
And for guys, Ev, you are also right on with boxer briefs -- the sexiest way for any guy to go.

--One of your bootylicious female friends

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Evan said...

Boo on anonymous posting...Identify yourself oh bootylicious one! :)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger THEstarmouse1972 said...

Hey Man, enjoyed reading this immensely, "the douchebag" line just made me burst out laughing, and about gave my 64 year old father a heart attack!!! My hubby wears boxer briefs or nothing, a combination of both worlds.

Keep Rockin'

the starmouse1972

 

Post a Comment

<< Home