Thursday, July 05, 2007

You Wanna Get Nuts? Let's Get Nuts!

Hello, all (five people who probably read this). I'm back from the road.

I'm watching an episode of the Wonder Years, and in it, the bully Eddie Pinetti, fills Kevin's locker with jockstraps. That got me thinking: Everyone in the 1960s wore a jockstrap for gym class? I certainly never did. Then again, I didn't grow up in the 60s, I grew up in the 80s. I wore one for football, but that's it. And even now, a cup isn't necessary for playing in the NFL, at least according to this and several other similar stories.

So between not using them in gym class and not using them for a sport in which 300-pound men fly at each other with such ridiculous velocity that a ruptured testicle would seem like getting off easy, I have to wonder: When exactly did we start playing fast and loose with our balls?

Since I really have no other thoughts to wrap this up, simply watch this video of John Belushi, doing his best Joe Cocker imitation (you know, because I was watching The Wonder Years):

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, for one: I'm stoked about Wonder Years reruns. Whatever did I do around 12:30 to 1 am before them??

for b: "jock straps" sounds either like a disease, or some kind of prank toy, like a whoopie cushion.

for last: belushi doing coker, I mean cocker = classic.

welcome home ev!

WEEEEE!!!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

evan, you lazy betch, i need more reading material!

love,

kara-boo

WEEE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home