Thursday, November 15, 2007

More Food Lion fun

For once, the customers in Food Lion weren't ignoring the fact that lane four is the express lane. Usually, there are people with carts full of crap and no employees regulating the line so that people like me, who buy three things per trip (hey, I live close by, cut me some slack) can get in and out quickly.

Today, it was just me and a crackhead-looking woman buying about seven items. Well, she goes to pay and decides that the grand total -- probably something on the order of about 10 bucks -- isn't going to be compatible with her preferred method of payment, which consists of several crumpled up singles and an envelope full of change. So she asks the cashier to take several items off the order.

The cashier apologizes to me, noting that she can't check me out until a manager overrides the crackhead's transaction. Then the crackhead apologizes, adding, "This happens to me all the time." Well, guess what bitch? Maybe you should, oh I don't know, keep a mental running tally of how much you're spending as you start picking shit up. You know, not major mathematics, just a quick, "Hmmm, do I have enough change for this pie crust?" (Note: that actually was one of the sacrificed items.)

Seriously, this cannot be that hard. I could see it happening once in a while. Shit, I've walked through Food Lion, done a whole bunch of shopping and gotten to the register only to realize I left my wallet at home. It happens. But if you're going to excuse yourself with the statement that "This happens to me all the time," maybe you've got bigger problems than no pie for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home