Monday, February 13, 2006

Flying With The Partially Famous

I was just telling Ogle about how big-time track star and former Tar Heel Marion Jones was on my flight to Miami yesterday. And he said, "You could've been on 'that flight that marion jones was killed on.' What's funny is that I actually considered the very same thing when I was on the plane (hey, a little turbulence will get you thinking).

But now, after Ogle repeated my own thought to me, it seems weird. Is that not a very bizarre thought to have -- to say nothing of the fact that lots of people seem to have it -- at first glimpse of a celebrity on a plane? Sitting there going, Man, if we die, it's gonna be Marion Jones this and Marion Jones that ... -- and not even in a bitter way. It would just seem odd.

I mean, this ain't Valens, Holly and the Big Bopper here. It's one famous chick and 100-some-odd randoms. A plane crash would be big news anyway. But having a celeb on board, even a pseudo-celeb, just adds some sort of element of scandal maybe that titillates the imagination. Or maybe it was the part of the flight when I wasn't allowed to use my iPod and I got bored. Who knows?

All I do know, is I distinctly recall mentioning my iPod in another recent post. All this free publicity for Apple. They should send me a free iPod. Stay tuned, as next time I possibly plug even more products I enjoy and would love to have for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home