Monday, June 06, 2005

A Pair of Small Victories

In the interest of moving this Ogle nonsense farther down the page telling people about my day whether they care or not, here are a pair of small victories from this lovely swelteringly hot Monday:

1. I received a letter informing me that I am now a "Silver Elite" member of Marriott Rewards, by virtue of having stayed at 10 or more fine Marriott hotels this year.

This delighted me because:

a) one of the numbers had worn off my old non-silver rewards card, forcing me to remember what it was every time I made reservations (for the record, it was "6").

b) I love being described as two adjectives, in this case "silver" and "elite," when one will clearly suffice. I am no more elite than any other silver members of Marriott Rewards, as far as I know.

2. I made and ate ravioli for dinner, while wearing a brand-new white T-shirt, without getting any sauce on me.

This is on par, statistically, with:

a) not getting bitten even after deciding that jumping in the wolverine pit at your local zoo covered in ground beef was a good idea.

b) opening your e-mail without a single offer for "FREE_V1@gr@" or "Lonely MILFs Near You."

In other news, I love outline format.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home