Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Punky Pregnant With Punk'd Producer's Progeny

I’m up in Syracuse, without much to report at the moment, but felt compelled to write, just because I saw a headline tonight that I can’t imagine I ever thought I would see. It just seems weird to see those words in print: Punky Brewster's Pregnant.

This led to other such random thoughts, like, does it qualify as ironic that Punky had breast-reduction surgery, and now they’re just gonna get bigger again? Or, is it weird that she was Punky and her husband is a producer of "Punk'd"?

And whatever happened to Brandon the Dog? Think he’s still alive?

If he’s not, I only hope there’s a separate heaven that animals go to, and within that animal heaven is yet another separate heaven for celebrity animals. You know, somewhere that Brandon, Spuds McKenzie and Morris the Cat can all hang out and swap stories with the likes of real old-schoolers like Toto and Lassie.

Ooh, and that ferret from Kindergarten Cop should get in, too. I know that was really his only starring role, but he did bite that ponytailed villain right in the jugular. That’s got to count for something. I say put him in celebrity animal heaven.

Okay, and just for fun, let’s say cartoon animals were allowed in.

And from that, a quick hypothetical: you’re the St. Peter of celebrity animal (and cartoon animal) heaven, and Dave Seville kills himself and all three of the Chipmunks in a tragic murder-suicide. But you only have room for one of the Chipmunks. Which do you let into heaven?

My vote, personally, goes to Theodore. He was sweet and innocent. And if nothing else, he gets it by process of elimination. I mean, Alvin was an out-and-out a-hole, no matter how you slice it. And I felt like Simon was sort of a wannabe goody-goody with a latent dark side. Given the opportunity, he would have whipped up some scientific way to make Alvin "disappear" so he could be the alpha-chipmunk.

What did Theodore ever do that was bad? I’ll tell you what he didn’t do. He didn’t knock up Punky Brewster.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when I’m left unattended in a hotel in Syracuse when it’s snowing out and I have nothing better to do. Peace out.

4 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff, as always, but I have an objection to your Theodore decision. As an expert on religion and all, I feel it is my responsibility to remind everybody of the commandment (or is it one of them seven deadly sins? i get confused): Gluttony. That Theo was a gluttonous, gluttonous bastard. Never forget that.

My vote is for Alvin, because at least he wasn't a phony like Simon. Alvin might have been a jerk, but at least he wasn't a jerk pretending to be a good egg. Simon was a damned fraud.

I've said my piece.
Fitt

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

theodore will burn in the fires of hell. he had no willpower. remember how simon would say something was a bad idea, but alvin could always talk theodore into it. i bet in theodore was a mess in college. i imagine simon probably started second-guessing his religion but still retained some restraint and morals so he gets my vote. i'd still be hanging out with alvin and theodore though. one thing i'm sure of is that those chipmonk girls stand about as much of a chance of getting into heaven as joe camel. they were always up to no good. i am hoping that azriel makes it. i always thought he was a good cat. he just gets a bad rap just because his owner is a little psychotic. -paul

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I have always had "Punky power" ever since first viewing the show in the mid 1980's. I don't know what it means when my girl-hood idol (yes, i wore pig tails and a bandana around the leg - it was damn cool) thinks that it is okay to go ahead and a) get bigger boobs and b)has a baby. What does this say about my childhood, exactly?

:)

-Ka

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Glitzy said...

alliteration allert!

the last time I saw her she was trying to see if she could get an outfit for under $100 on some tv show....why do I remember these things

 

Post a Comment

<< Home